SocialTech is a successful product IT company that helps people from all over the world to meet and communicate on our sites. We serve millions of users, engage a team of 190+ people, and we are not going to stop reaching new heights.
The structure of the holding leads to the need for separate substructures for individual projects. Now 20+ legal entities from different jurisdictions are managed by the SocialTech’s legal department.
SocialTech’s lawyers frequently operate in a “zero precedent environment” – we are praised for critical thinking, ability to learn fast, communicate clearly and “getting things done” approach. Our mission is to always find a business-oriented solution.
In terms of corporate structure, our lawyers operate in a way, which allows SocialTech to comply with the applicable regulations, satisfy requirements of vendors and service providers, as well as enable us to properly serve our users. Given that the regulatory requirements related to tax, economic substance, AML compliance etc. are being tightened, we are looking forward to strengthening our team with an experienced corporate colleague, who would join us in our growth pursuit.
In particular, you will be a Senior Legal Counsel in a team of 4 people. The team plans to further expand in 2021.
What you will do:
Assist in structuring of operations for multinational group of entities:
- Advise financial team on different matters related to structuring and asset protection;
- Advise senior management and shareholders on all corporate and transactional matters.
Legal entities administration (corporate secretary):
- Maintain Group’s corporate structure and support any legal reorganizations across all jurisdictions (US, EU etc.);
- Coordinate internal initiatives (legal setup, intra-group agreements, up-to-date registers and corporate documents etc.) to achieve efficient structuring of international transactions;
- Draft and review agreements with intra-group entities and third parties;
- Coordinate preparation of board resolutions and other internal corporate processes;
- Liaise and coordinate work of external legal advisory and corporate secretary firms.
Drafting & legal research:
- Prepare transactional documents (term sheets, SPA, etc.);
- Research advanced corporate national/international legislation;
- Analyze legal/corporate implications on new business/employment decisions.
Starter kit needed to join the team:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in corporate / contract law at top-tier law firm / Big-4;
- Solid legal skills in international corporate field: research/structuring, drafting and review of English law documents and dealing with compliance matters;
- Ability to analyze complex issues and make sound recommendations;
- Leadership and management potential are considered a huge advantage.
- Participating / managing complex due diligence projects / M&A transactions;
- Proven professional exposure to English law.
Working at SocialTech you will receive the ability to influence the product and see the real results of your work.
SocialTech is a unique place to work and grow:
- A world-class team of T-shaped skilled professionals that share knowledge and support each other;
- High level of compensation that allows you to focus on work;
- Premium medical insurance;
- Sports and fitness compensation;
- Free lunches and unlimited snacks;
- A training budget with opportunities to visit paid conferences, training sessions, workshops, etc.;
- Corporate parties and trips abroad. We have already been to Slovakia, Egypt, Austria, and Croatia;
- A comfortable office at Podil – you won’t want to leave.