SocialTech is a venture builder that launches tech businesses, provides them with all necessary infrastructure, and grows them into unicorns and beyond. Strategy&Growth team is at the heart of it all making the most high-level decisions, such as launch of new ventures or start of important infrastructure projects.
We are looking for Investment Director who will assume ownership over Strategy&Growth function and play a crucial role in achieving our vision — to create the best environment in Eastern Europe to launch and develop global tech ventures and help our founders build at least 5 unicorns in the next 5 years.
What you'll do:
- Participate as a member of portfolio company board(s) of directors and work with portfolio company management teams to deliver growth and value, e.g. identifying growth opportunities for e-books marketplace — from new user acquisition channels to partnerships with large brands.
- Assume ownership over the Strategy&Growth function on the venture builder level and consistently improve it.
- Assemble, lead and mentor a team of professionals (analysts and associates) in and outside the investment process and coordinate the efforts of SocialTech Board.
- Develop trust-based counseling relationships with portfolio executives and senior leadership.
- Conduct market and industry research, while qualifying investment opportunities and providing rolling updates, e.g. mapping EdTech market, finding a relevant peer group and reporting on peers’ initiatives and transactions on a quarterly basis.
- Drive investment rounds, determine strategic and round goals, as well as financial targets and resources needed to achieve them, e.g. creating a financial and operational model for our SMB SaaS business and determining the funding necessary to achieve positive unit economics.
- You will report directly to the CEO and co-founder of SocialTech.
What we offer:
- Highly professional, intellectually demanding, and stimulating work.
- Flat organization structure with significant exposure to founders and decision-makers, both internally and externally.
- An attractive career path with a potential for long-term advancement.
- Competitive salary and benefits with a performance-related compensation model.
- An outstanding candidate will have the opportunity to be promoted to a Principal in 1-2 years and to a Partner in 2-3 years.
We are looking for a professional with the ability and willingness to excel within a highly entrepreneurial organization. The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- 4+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, etc.
- Leadership skills: proactive, thoughtful, good listener, team player, ability to handle conflicts, high-level of emotional intelligence, and a consensus builder.
- Entrepreneurial and self-starting personality with strong team orientation.
- Strong interest in tech businesses, in particular consumer internet.
- Strong data-driven mindset with excellent execution and communication skills.
- A passion for cooperation in a small, fast-paced, and results-oriented environment.
- Top undergraduate education, MBA or graduate education is a plus.